Joy Behar Leaving The View After 16 Years

Joy Behar is leaving The View after 16 years on the ABC daytime gab-fest.

The 70-year-old's contract is up in August and she has reportedly informed the network that she will not renew it as she moves on to other endeavors.
Joy Behar Photo

As of now, Joy Behar is the last original View cast members other than co-creator/executive producer Barbara Walters who is still on the panel.

“It seemed like the right time,” Behar told Deadline.

“You reach a point when you say, ‘Do I want to keep doing this?’ There are other things I want to do. I’ve been writing a play, I’ve been neglecting my standup.”

“I do like talk shows, I’m interested in talking to people,” she said, hinting at her own. “I want to do an intelligent talk show where you have room to breath.”

Joy is rumored to be getting her own show on CNN.

In the meantime, Behar will focus on closing this chapter of her career by spending a few more months with Walters and her other co-hosts on The View.

“I have a lot of friends there, and I will miss everyone I’ve worked with; we have a family there,” Behar said. "Barbara was one of the main reasons I took that job."

You have read this article with the title Joy Behar Leaving The View After 16 Years. You can bookmark this page URL http://runequestwilderlands.blogspot.com/2013/03/joy-behar-leaving-view-after-16-years.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...